Sweet Pea - that's me!
I grew up making pies and cookies with my grandmas. Grandma Matthews gave me the nickname, "Sweet Pea", while Grandma Peterson gave me her rhubarb custard recipe. My baby book tells the story, "loves cake". I guess I was born with a thing for sweets that are worth the calories and that's never changed.
After closing Glorious Beans, our coffee shop cafe in the Outlets in Albertville, I decided to bring a pie to our local meat market to see if they would sell them. Fast forward all these years and pies are still our thing.
Here's what makes our treats seriously craveable:
- Licensed & insured - got it
- Customer satisfaction - check
- Treats that are worth the calories - yep
- Heirloom and original recipes - of course
- Small batch from scratch baking - we do that
- Support local non-profit with every purchase - absolutely
Update: A lot has changed in the last few months. Here are the highlights:
- October 2020 we buy a building in Mayville, WI, for our new retail store location
- October 2020 Anoka Meat and Sausage and Center Cut Meats in Rogers start selling our pie
- November 2020 we deliver our first pies to Horicon, WI
- February 2021 we are in the top five contestants for a $10,000 makeover
- April 2021 Ralphie's Minnoco in Elk River starts to sell our pie
- April 2021 Mayville is awarded a CDI Grant by the WEDC to help renovate our historic building
- April 2021 We move to Mayville and begin renovations
- May 2021 The Elk River Meat Market closes, but we continue to make pies in Minnesota during our Wisconsin renovations
- July 2021 we are licensed to make pies in Wisconsin and continue to deliver pies to Minnesota
- September 17th - opened our retail location in Mayville, WI
- October 14th - Grand Opening Celebration
We think pie makes the world a better place. The world could use more smiles, so we'll keep making pie.
"I've never seen someone eating pie that didn't smile!"
Yours in all things sweet,
Rachel Smith aka Sweet Pea